Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Okavango Machaba Day 2: Elephant encounters

_DSC4764

ODP Blog - Okavango Machaba - Wild Dogs Scrutinise Us – during our Sundowner Break

We have time between morning game drives and evening game drives. Sometimes I nap. Sometimes I watch the Khwai river go by. At night, the river's hippos laugh and the trees' Franklins fight.

Machaba Camp 6

We encountered a herd of elephants on our evening game drive.



Later, we encountered a bull along the river road and had ourselves "a moment".



The photo highlight of the day, for me, was a reflection in the gloaming. My fellow travelers were quite energized by an encounter with wild dogs and were discussing it at the sundowner. ODP guide, Andrew, and I were drawn to this scene and stepped away from the festivities to capture it. My landscape tendencies were showing.


My keepers from
Machaba Day 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment