Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Iguaçu and the Pantanal: Brazil 2016

One thing you learn when you try to feed an addiction to photo tourism is that small-group photo tours fill a year or more in advance of the departure date. I missed out on a couple of tours in 2014 due to this, and would prefer not to do so in the future.

So even though I have yet to see the sweeping vistas and salmon-fishing bears of Alaska, I've booked into a photo tour of Brazil's Pantanal. And to make that tour a little more interesting, I'm planning a side trip to Iguaçu Falls.

The scheme, as I envision it, is to travel first to Iguaçu, soak in the scenery and be mist-ified by the falls for a few days before proceeding to Ciuaba and the journey along the Transpantaneira highway into the hinterlands of the Pantanal.

If all goes to plan, I'll spend a few days at the Hotel das Cataratas at Iguaçu before joining the Joseph Van Os' Jaguars & Wildlife of Brazil's Pantanal.

No comments:

Post a Comment