Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Watson Lake, Arizona 2014

I joined in on an Arizona Highways weekend photo workshop in January. The destination was Watson Lake, a reservoir near Prescott, Arizona. We did some afternoon shooting, followed the next morning with sunrise shots. We engaged in an afternoon group photo critique before heading home.

It was a fun little unknown shooting location with charms all its own.

I was able to spend a few moments with noted Physics Go Girl, Morgan in Phoenix's Sky Harbor Airport before flying back to Sacramento.

The fact that this workshop happened during the school year combined with my inability to walk and chew gum at the same time resulted in a bit of humor.

One, I forgot to bring my tripod. I have a really nice tripod with a really nice ballhead. And they held down floor and shelf back home while I was in Prescott.

Two, I brought a set of tests to grade. And left them in the room when I checked out. This resulted in me trying to track them down with the cleaning staff. I wished I knew more Spanish. They were picking through trash, not knowing what they were looking for, so I ripped a sheet of paper in half and drew the layout of the answer documents. The tests were found, and the soiling they endured mixed in with the trash left them salvageable. I might have aged a year or two in the process. There are times when my stupidity even surprises me.

2014 01 Watson Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment